This was an interesting article from the Wall Street Journal with tips on how to get your house ready to sell! Read the whole article HERE.
- Invest in landscaping, especially around the front door, to create an inviting entrance
- The front door should be "fresh looking" with a new coat of paint or stain
- Make sure everything works well-sliding doors, door knobs and handles
- Keep art to a minimum- too much and the Buyer will just look at the art
- Avoid sculptures because dimensional artwork can be distracting
- Make sure a room feels roomy so you can circulate
- Ideally walls should be white.
- Remove most family pictures
- Spotlessly clean so it's sparkling
- Counters should be clear of everything except for one or two items.
- New white towels in the bathroom because they feel clean
- Organize closets and drawers
- Add a few final touches such as small green plants or potted orchids and perhaps a bowl of fruit in the kitchen or dining area for color
- Strip your home of food scents
Counters are cleared of clutter and apples provide a bit of color in the kitchen. MICHAL CZERWONKA FOR THE WALL STREET JOURNAL